Thursday, September 4, 2008

We Support Greatness!

September 2nd

As I came to church this morning I met several weepy mothers and a few disoriented fathers. They were busy, looking down and walking quickly to their cars. It is the first day of school at the ‘part time’ program, a ministry of our Children’s Center.

I’m thinking there were probably a lot of crying toddlers as they were dropped off for their first day. Separation anxiety is one of our first and greatest fears. We learn how to handle separation when we are little, and those life lessons go with us for our lifetime. What a comfort to know that a place like Abiding Love is helping to teach the lessons of love and care. The 100 plus children that come here everyday learn about trust, grace and of course, love.

We are participating in the development of the future. Who knows what greatness is found among these children! I’ve heard a story about one of Martin Luther’s first day of school. The teacher, upon entering the classroom, bowed and said, “I bow because I know that one of you is going to be great!” I give thanks for the ministry that we support and encourage at the Abiding Love Children’s Center. We support greatness!

No comments: