Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Book Club Discussion!

Dear friends,

Summer is for reading. It is for reading fun books and mysteries, love books and your Bible, and books that accompany your Bible.

I just finished reading a book. I cried! It was thought provoking and beautiful, well written, and there were only a few things that I theologically disagreed with. One reason I cried is out of the sadness that no one at seminary knew how to put it like this! I too believe that faith is all about our relationship with God in the persons of the Creator, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. It’s a hard book to read because it faces some of the hard parts of life. It is an easy book to read because it is full of “aha!” moments! “Aha!” I knew what I thought could be right!
So, I’ve found all these other people who have also read – The Shack, by William Young, and we want to have a book discussion!

Mary Fetter and I will host a book club discussion on Wed, Sept. 10, 7:00 P.M. in the classroom in Worship Center.

You have a whole month and a half to read it – and it’s a quick read. Some of you may want to read it again, this time for the ‘thought’ of it instead of the ‘joy’ of it!

Also: see msnbc.com - go to ‘books- and click on “Shack” to see an interview of the author.

Love Pastor Lynnae

No comments: